Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

I made Broccoli Cheddar Soup for the first time tonight. And it won't be the last.


Ingredients

1/2 c finely chopped onion
1/2 c butter
1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 c chicken broth
3 c milk
3 c chopped cooked fresh broccoli
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese or more

Saute onion in butter until tender.
Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
Add broth and milk. Heat but do not boil until thickened.
Stir in broccoli.
Heat through.
Stir in cheese until melted.
Do not boil.
Serve hot and garnish with shredded cheese.


This soup was delicious! I'm not kidding. We served it with a french baguette and filled our bowls a second time.

Sorry...no picture. :(


10 comments:

Amy said...

mmmm...I LOVE broccoli soup. LOVE. I make it often (but Mike does n't like it!! lol) more for me!!

Rhonda said...

Amy - this recipe was soo good and really very easy. We really enjoyed it.

Tracey said...

This sounds sooo good. I love broccoli cheddar soup - especially at Kelsey's. Poor Emma will need to find something else for supper as she's the only one with a dislike for this!

Maureen said...

As always I will make sure I pass this recipe on to Steve. Yummy!

Unknown said...

Sounds like it turned out delicious. Photos next time ;-)

Shaun and Holly said...

I am trying this out next week! :)

Tracey said...

I made this for lunch yesterday and it was great! Thanks for the recipe :)

Ry said...

This is a great recipe, please feel free to post it @ http://westmifoodscout.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

mmmm i have broccoli i need to get used up...here's to tomorrow nights dins :D

kanishk said...

- this recipe was soo good and really very easy. We really enjoyed it.
home jobs without registration